Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jackie's Capri

The paparazzo Settimio Garritano photographed Jacqueline Kennedy in Capri from 1969 to 1972.  (He also took the infamous photographs of Jacqueline Kennedy sunbathing nude on Skorpios in 1971 but we are not going to go there.)  The photographs of Jackie in Capri are the essence of summer style and chic.  Just a simple First Lady in a pair of cotton pants, fitted t shirt, Canfora thong sandals, head scarf and oversized sunglasses.  


And I'm talkin' about a HUGE pair of sunglasses.


I personally love the super glamorous but super relaxed and very real style of Jacqueline Kennedy in these photos.  She is not teetering around a pebble beach in high heels or wearing a swimsuit with a leather belt or anything else ridiculous.   So if you see me on the beach on Long Island or in Italy I am usually in one of my many vintage head scarves (it's an addiction) and an enormous pair of sunglasses.  Now, if you don't have an enormous pair of sunglasses, well, look no further my like minded 'Jackie in Capri' friends.  Here they are at RARE vintage in New York:

(and I mean big!)



Anonymous 1960s/early 1970s oversized sunglasses

Tod's and La Conchiglia present the exhibition "Jackie's Capri"
July 3rd to August 20th 2011 at the Hotel Quisiana, Capri


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails